Adam Dorsay, Psy.D.
Dr. Adam Dorsay is a licensed psychologist and a certified executive coach working in private practice in San Jose, CA. He specializes in assisting high-achieving adults (including professionals, executives, entrepreneurs, and professional athletes) with relationship issues, stress reduction, anxiety, and attaining more happiness in their lives. In 2016 he gave a well-watched TEDx talk about men and emotions.
He is also the co-creator of Project Reciprocity, a highly successful international resiliency program based out of Facebook’s HQ in Menlo Park, CA, where he served employees in the Online Safety Department at Facebook for four years. He now serves as a resiliency consultant to DigitalOcean, a cloud computing company headquartered in Manhattan. He is frequently contacted by the media, and various podcasts to provide commentary as well as corporations, academic institutions, and healthcare facilities to provide in-depth presentations on matters relating to psychology and psychotherapy. He also serves as an expert content contributor to wikiHow on various topics especially around the science of happiness where his work has been viewed by several million people. He is happily married with two young boys and a hypoallergenic 33-pound Australian Labradoodle therapy dog named Raffi, who lives at his home and works at his office.
His formal education includes:
- B.A. | Psychology & Asian Studies, Pitzer College
- Semester Abroad | Kansai Gaidai University, Osaka, Japan
- M.A. | Counseling, Santa Clara University
- Coaching Credential | The Coaches Training Institute
- Psy.D. | Clinical Psychology, Ryokan College
Dr. Dorsay has lived and worked in Japan and worked in multicultural settings both there and in and the United States. He is also conversant in both Spanish and Japanese.
- Member of Santa Clara County Psychological Association (served on the executive board for two years)
- Member of California Psychological Association
- Former Member of Santa Clara University’s Human Subjects Committee Institutional Review Board